Number one job of IT solution providers are to improve underlying technology and provide better business outcomes. Faced with declining budgets and expanding IT needs, institutions information management demands remain ignored.
“When we looked into an upgrade, it was going to cost nearly $140,000 just to get the server room updated,” says a School IT administrator.
Local Hosting Security Challenges:
Not only the upfront costs but institutes also face key challenges in handling their infrastructure for better data security and integrity. Infrastructure and legacy model pose following pressure on institutions including:
• Lack of fault tolerance and fire detection and Suppression in place in case of accident to avoid data loss
• Hosting the school management information system in house demands power backups and electricity availability to avoid disturbance and lost records.
• Servers should be secured from Climate and Temperature changes, which pose more burdens on hosting the solution in house.
• Not to forget the management cost and human resource cost for handling IT infrastructure and involved risks.
• Meeting industry grade secure network architecture demands heavy investments
• In house hosted solutions are not available anytime anywhere.
Shared Security Responsibilities
When you move computer systems and data to the cloud, security responsibilities become shared between you and your School Management Information system service provider. In this case, Schoologs is responsible for securing the underlying infrastructure that supports the cloud, and you’re responsible for anything you put on the cloud or connect to the cloud. This shared security responsibility model can reduce your operational burden in many ways, and in some cases may even improve your default security posture without additional action on your part.
“Helping to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our
customers’ data is of the utmost importance to Schoologs.”
Adnan Aslam, Founder and CEO, Seronic Group
Schoologs Security Measures
Schoologs platform allows customers to run their school operations with peace of mind about their data security since we meet several industry-specific standards, including:
• Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
• Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)
• Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
• Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Additionally Schoologs firewalls can protect your system from:
• Distributed Denial Of Service (DDoS) Attacks
• Man in the Middle (MITM) Attacks
• IP Spoofing and Port Scanning
• Transmission Protection